Butchery, Bacon and a Bit of Beer Sunday 15 March 2015
Learn how to butcher pork and cure 2 different types of bacon.
This day is perfect if you want to learn some butchery skills, learn how to make your own bacon, and enjoy some craft beer.
Your tutor for this unique class is Illtud Llyr Dunsford, founder of the award winning Charcutier Ltd. They are an artisan charcuterie company which brings together British, South European and North American methods of curing.
In our hands-on butchery and bacon class, you will learn how to butcher a pork middle into the tenderloin, leaf lard, loin, belly and ribs. In addition you will learn about different methods for making bacon and you’ll make your own back bacon out of the loin; pancetta out of the belly and you’ll cure the lard.
Not only will you take home about 500g of leaf lard, 4 kilos of loin/back bacon, 3 kilos of belly pork/pancetta, 1 kilo of ribs and 500g of tenderloin. But you will feast on a lunch featuring Charcuterie Ltd. sausages!
At the end of the day, before packing up all your goodies, you can relax with some fine craft beer kindly donated by The Celt Experience!
- Hands on class where you learn butchering and curing by working on about 10 kilos of pork
- As making bacon takes more than 1 day, you will receive full instructions on how to finish making your bacon at home
- Recipe ideas
- About 10 kilos of pork (packaged up for you to take home at the end of the day)
- Coffee and Tea
- Lunch featuring Charcutier Ltd sausages
- A bottle of craft beer kindly donated by The Celt Experience
- All materials are provided
Other essential information:
- You must be 18 years or older to attend this workshop.
- You will be provided with protective clothing which must be worn as instructed
Location: St Cattwg’s Village Hall
Rectory Ct, Llanmaes, Cowbridge CF61 2WJ
Visit Food Adventure.co.uk for more information